Typology - the 9 Enneagram types
The Enneagram typology is a description of 9 personality types. The typology which is several centuries old is an in-depth description mapping out the deeper motivation for peoples behaviour.
The Enneagram is employed by companies and organizations management for which knowing about the 9 personality types is a unique tool to enhance motivation and achieving peak performance of leadership and teams, for teambuilding, for managing stress and conflict, etc. Used in a constructive way by management the strengths and challenges of the 9 Enneagram types are put to use to optimize the employees peak performance.
With the typology we are able to understand and handle:
- The thoughts, emotions and actions we repeat endlessly because we believe that this is how we best live our lives
- That these patterns actually prevent us from finding the happiness and calm which most of us seek.
- That we are caught in an illusion about ourselves and the world around us which makes us believe that there is only one way to live and be in this world - our own.
- That there is an instinctive motivation for everything we do.
- Changes in our behaviour in situations where we feel safe or pressed.
- How we can develop into free individuals who choose our own reactions and achieve what we wish for.
- How we discover and use our hidden resources, thus putting our whole personality to use.
Read about the History of the Enneagram.
Find out which Enneagram type you are
An ordinary, free Enneagram test will give you an indication of which of the 9 types you are. To get a more precise result, you should take an in-depth personality test, from which you will also learn about the Enneagram and the 9 personality types.
Click the drawings one by one to read a short description of the 9 types.
Enneagram Type 1: The Perfectionist, Enneagram Type 2: The Helper, Enneagram Type 3: The Achiever, Enneagram Type 4: The Individualist, Enneagram Type 5: The Observer, Enneagram Type 6: The Loyalist, Enneagram Type 7: The Enthusiast, Enneagram Type 8: The Leader, Enneagram Type 9: The Mediator
The people behind Enneagrammet.com and COREFINDER are Mia vendt Striim and Balder Striim, authors of the Enneagram book titled Brug dit Enneagram in Danish. In addition, Mia and Balder have developed the interactive Enneagram personality test CoreProfile - see below.
Any Enneagram course and training offered by our consultancy company COREFINDER is aimed at increasing the insight of people into themselves and others. We assist organisations and businesses in their effort to enhance their employees competence and motivation and to achieve peak performance at all levels within leadership and teams.
Personality test - The Enneagram personality profile
With the COREFINDER personality test CoreProfile you will find your personal Enneagram profile. At the same time you will learn about the 9 personality types. You may also take CoreProfile free online Enneagram test in which case it is an ordinary Enneagram test.
We are professional members of the International Enneagram Association.
Enneagram is easily misspelled. So that everyone can find this page comes here some common mispells: enagram and eneagram. The Enneagram is also called ennagon.